Top 15 Best Home Gyms
Table Of Contents
- 1 Overview:
- 2 What Is A Home Gym (A.K.A All In One Exercise Machine)?
- 3 Best Home Gym Machines
- 4 Detailed Features & Reviews
- 4.1 15) Bowflex Xceed
- 4.2 14) Weider Ultimate Body Works
- 4.3 13) BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0
- 4.4 12) Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym
- 4.5 11) Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym
- 4.6 10) Total Gym XLS
- 4.7 9) Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym
- 4.8 8) Marcy Multifunction Steel Home Gym (MWM-988)
- 4.9 7) Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
- 4.10 6) Marcy MD-9010G
- 4.11 5) Powerline By Body Solid BSG10X
- 4.12 4) Marcy MWM 990
- 4.13 3) BodyCraft XPress Pro
- 4.14 2) Bodycraft Galena Pro
- 4.15 1) Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S
- 5 Products’ Comparison Table
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 6.0.1 1) What Is A Multi Home Gym?
- 6.0.2 2) Which Multi Home Gym I Would Prefer To Buy?
- 6.0.3 3) Is It Beneficial To Do Workout At Home?
- 6.0.4 4) What Are The Benefits Of Doing Workout At Home?
- 6.0.5 5) Are Multi Gyms Good For Building Muscles?
- 6.0.6 6) How Much Money Should I Invest On Home Gym?
- 6.0.7 7) What Kind Of Workout Should I Perform At Home?
- 6.0.8 8) Which Gym Is Best? Home Gym Or A Commercial One?
- 7 Bottom Line:
It’s time to get out of this myth that being fit and enhancing your muscles is a very difficult or an impossible task. Believe me, if you really want to get in shape, all you need is a proper diet plan, good gym, quality sleep and a workout plan. Moreover, if you are a gym shy person, or you feel hesitant to go to the gym, there are some alternative options available for one to get fit. For Instance; a best home gym for home workout.
If you truly want to build up your muscles, lose your fat or weight, you need an effective workout plan to do so. Moreover, you need some quality equipments too for getting in shape such as a home gym. So, today we are going to share the top 15 great all in one exercise machines of 2021; their specification, features, pros & cons, and reviews about home gyms. And if you are willing to buy a home gym for your workout, this buying guide is exclusively for you!
What Is A Home Gym (A.K.A All In One Exercise Machine)?
Home gyms basically are an alternative to a public gym. A home gym (or all in one exercise machine) is equipment that allows you to do your workout in your home. You can easily locate your home gym or all in one exercise machine, wherever you want to, either its a separate allocated room or your garage. These machines are usually easily transportable, so one can shift the machine from one place to another on an easy approach or little effort.
The most important question people used to ask is why do they need a home gym or an all in one exercise machine for their home workout? The answer is; it becomes quite hard to build muscles and losing weight without having any quality equipment. Moreover, these machines are quite adaptable, effective and space competent. It depends on a person, that what kind of equipments, he/she would like to locate in his/her home gym.
Different Types Of All In One Exercise Machines (Home Gyms)
1. Free Weight Gym Machines
Usually, we can see this kind of machine in public gyms. If you are a powerlifter or an old fashioned weight-lifter, this machine is truly for you. This gym usually includes a barbell, weights, plates and also a power rack. Weight Gym Machines are well designed and are very suitable for beginners. One can also enhance the resistance level to the next level as well.
2. Body Weight Gym Machines
Body Weight Gym Machines are quite affordable and easily transportable. These gym machines usually use your body weight as resistance. These are the finest home gym machines because they don’t require much space to locate. Despite this, if you are an advanced weight lifter or strength builder, these machines may not provide you the desired resistance.
3. Resistance Rod Machines
Bowflex recently introduced power rod technology in its home gym machines. Right now, only home gyms are coming out with this resistance technology. This machine comes up with flexible rods, free weight or a weight stack, which provides quality resistance while doing workouts on this machine. Resistance Rod Machines are designed for beginner and intermediate powerlifters.
4. Cable Gym Machines:
In these machines, usually, cables and stacks are located to provide resistance. We see cable machines normally in local or commercial gyms. These machines provide strong resistance for powerlifters or heavy weightlifters. Cable Gym Machines are quite expensive, but none of the other types can beat it. If you have enough money to buy it, space to store it.
Best Home Gym Machines
Now, it’s time to jump directly to the best all in one gym machine for home. Here are the reviews, features, and specifications of 15 top-rated home gyms, which you are supposed to know before buying a new one. Let’s have a look:
Detailed Features & Reviews
15) Bowflex Xceed
Bowflex Xceed definitely is one of the quality home gym machines. This machine comes up with 40 lbs of updatable resistance and is a worthy sidekick for anyone, who is looking to be in shape at home. Although the power rod of these machines is not like weight plates, this machine still provides the desired resistance one wants during his/her workout.
This home gym machine offers a combination of more than 65 workout movements and is a great fit for both upper and lower body workouts. One can also find an aerobic rower in this exercise machine, which provides quality attention to your cardiovascular muscles. Another great thing about this product is its foldable and space-saving design.
- This machine comes up with a budgeted price.
- It offers more than 65 workout movements.
- Provide resistance of 210 pounds, updatable to 310 or 410 pounds.
- Involvement of both squat & lat bars.
- Provide you the option of custom workouts.
Pros & Cons
Weider has brought this product to us. Ultimate Body Works is one of the quality home gyms that provide an efficient range of full-body workouts. This product is also foldable, you can compact it whenever you’re done with your exercise. This machine comes up with a weight capacity of 250 lbs and durable foam on its cushion.
The mechanism of Ultimate Body Works uses one’s body weight as resistance with a slide board and pulley system. You can perform more than 50 workout moments, comprising biceps curls, triceps pulldowns, as well as cardio exercises. One of another feature of this quality multi gym is the availability of its additional tension cables, located at the base, which helps to increase the resistance.
- This machine comes up with a weight capacity of 250 lbs.
- Available at an affordable price.
- Design is compact & foldable.
- Resistance bands are adjustable.
- It comes up with more than 50 exercise movements for a full-body workout.
Pros & Cons
Are you looking for all in one gym pack with a slight trace? BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 is the only worthy option for you. Although this machine doesn’t offer the resistance, usually located in other multi gyms, this machine comes up with almost 300 movements, which is not bad though.
This is a portable multi gym, which lets you bring this machine, wherever you want to. You can find accessories transporting bags, instruction manuals, collapsible workout bar, handles, foldable VectorFit base, wrist/ankle straps in this portable multi gym. This is one of the best gyms, we usually suggest to our readers, because of its quality and durability.
- This gym is totally portable.
- It provides an instruction manual.
- It comes up with almost 300+ movements.
- This multi-gym is lightweight and compact.
- Availability of resistance bands.
- It comes with accessories’ transporting bag.
Pros & Cons
Bowflex is a well-reputed brand for the production of home/multi gyms. They usually use polymer rods as resistance instead of using weight stacks. Bowflex PR1000 is an adaptable multi-home gym. This machine comes up with almost 25 workout movements that cover the entire body. The built-in power rod provides resistance of over 200 pounds.
Moreover, despite its versatility, this multi-gym requires a large room to place it. You can also transform its bench to a rolling seat which will allow you to perform aerobic rowing. Another great feature that comes up with this machine is the multiple positions of its cable pulley, which allows one to perform his/her workout more efficiently. This can also increase the effectiveness of resistance.
- This all in one gym machine comes up with more than 25 workout movements.
- The power rod resistance is 200 pounds.
- It allows you to perform variations on exercises.
- You can also use it for aerobic rowing.
- Several positions of cable pulley to modify the angle of resistance accordingly.
Pros & Cons
Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym is one of another quality, stronger, durable and efficient multi-home gym by Bowflex. This machine offers more than 50 gym workouts, which are good enough for the entire body workout. P.S, this is not an average home gym by Bowflex, this one is definitely above the average ones. Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym is quite expensive, but its features are also worthy of its price.
One can adjust the resistance of its power rod as less as 5 pounds and as more as 210 pounds, according to his/her needs. Also these stats are upgradable to 310 pounds. The Bowflex PR3000 is certainly the best mid-range multi-home gym machine. If you are willing to buy this one, you can read its features and pros & cons first.
- PR3000 offers an exclusive range of 50+ workouts.
- Power rod resistance of 5 to 210 pounds.
- Resistance is upgradable to 310 pounds.
- This machine comes up with efficient legs workouts.
- Efficient and durable steel frame.
- It comes up with a vertical bench.
- No cable change required in this machine.
Pros & Cons
10) Total Gym XLS
The Total Gym XLS is definitely one of the best home gyms. This machine has a gentle impact on your body as well as your joints. If you are aching joints, then you must need to consider this supreme multi-gym. The Total Gym XLS is the best option for those who are facing the issue of arthrosis. The systems of this machine use your weight and gravity to provide resistance.
Moreover, this gym comes up with 6 levels of resistance training and over 400 lbs weight capability for resilience and stability. One can also find a cushioned glide board with durable head support. You can perform more than 80 exercises on this versatile and affordable home gym. The Total Gym XLS comes up with an advanced cable and pulley system, which helps to perform the workouts more efficiently.
- The Total Gym XLS comes up with 6 resistance training levels.
- One can perform more than 80 exercises on this machine.
- This machine is foldable and easy to store.
- It comes up with a warranty of 6 months of parts.
- Also a lifetime warranty of the frame.
- This machine contains an advanced cable and pulley system.
- It provides a weight capability of 400 lbs.
Pros & Cons
Another quality multi gym from Bowflex. No doubt, Bowflex is always considered as the best brand, while buying a new all in one exercise machine, because of its quality and design. Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym comes up with more than 70 exercises that cover the entire body workout. One can find 7 built-in workout schema in this marvelous multi gym.
Like other Bowflex Multi-Gyms, this machine also comes up with a power rod resistance of 210 pounds which is upgradable to 310 or 410 pounds according to our need or desire. Moreover, another feature of this machine is the inclusion of a squat bar, lat bar and abs training straps in this machine. The bench press located in this multi-gym is also vertical and quite comfortable.
- This machine comes up with 70+ exercises.
- Power rod resistance is 210 lbs.
- Rod resistance is upgradeable to 310 or 410 pounds.
- The bench is vertical.
- This home gym comes up with 7 built-in exercises.
- The power rod is conveniently changeable.
- Squat bar & lat bar Included.
Pros & Cons
Marcy is another well-recognized brand for home multi-gyms. This reputable brand doesn’t compromise on the design and quality of the frame of its home gyms. Marcy Multifunction Steel Home Gym is one of the quality home gyms from this reputable brand. This machine comes up with a durable and strong steel frame, which allows a total weight of 150 lbs. Both upper and lower pulley systems are added in this multi-gym and a maximum user weight of this machine is 300 lbs.
Moreover, the lat bar and ankle strap are included in the accessories of this machine. This multi gym allows you to perform multiple workouts because of its design and features. For instance, one can perform vertical butterfly, chest press, pull-ups, pullovers, pull-downs, leg workouts, and in arm workouts, you can do barbell and hammer curls with ease and no resistance.
- MWM-988 comes up with a weight stack of 150 lbs.
- Both (upper and lower) pulley systems are added.
- Removable preacher curl pad is located.
- This machine comes up with a maximum weight of 300 lbs.
- One can perform leg workouts on this machine.
- Lat bars and ankle bars are added.
Pros & Cons
I know, I know, another Bowflex gym. But it is worthy to discuss this multi-gym on this number. Because this machine comes up with a lot of great features and a quality frame. This machine supports 60+ exercises for your full-body workout. It also provides the same power rod resistance of 210 lbs (updatable to 310 or 410 lbs). The seat comes up with a sliding rail, which allows you to perform leg press & aerobic rowing efficiently and comfortably.
Bowflex Blaze Home Gym is a foldable multi-home gym and comes up with durable wheels, so it can store it easily as compared to other gyms. Multiple cable and pulley positions allow you to perform custom workouts more efficiently. Additionally, a lat bar and squat bar is also added. The bench of this machine is horizontal and the handgrips are triple functioned and fully supportive for custom workouts.
- This machine comes up with 60 plus exercises.
- It provides a power rod resistance of 210 lbs.
- Power rod resistance is upgradeable to 310 or 410 lbs.
- Ankle cuffs are triply functioned.
- This machine is foldable and easy to store.
- This multi gym allows you to perform aerobic rowing & leg presses.
- It allows you to perform manual workouts.
Pros & Cons
Marcy MD-9010G is no-doubt one of the greatest multi gyms for home use. This machine comes with a quality and durable steel frame with a triturate coated finish. This quality multi-gym comes up with multi-action press arms, which allows you to perform multiple arms and chest workouts. This function is pretty appreciable for developing one’s arm and chest muscles more effectively.
You can also find a dual-action leg developer in this machine, which plays an essential part in developing the leg muscles. Also an Olympic free weight rack is located for extreme weightlifting and powerful resistant training at home. Moreover, one can find 6 weighted plates located in the frame, which allows you to arrange your weight accordingly. There is also a butterfly press station available as well as a preacher curl pad in this multi gym.
- Marcy MD-9010G comes up with a butterfly press station.
- This machine contains a preacher curl pad.
- It has a both (single lower and upper crossover) pulley system.
- It provides a maximum weight of 300 lbs.
- It also allows maximum bench weight of 600 lbs (including the user).
- Collected dimensions of this machine are 70″L x 79″W x 84.5″H.
Pros & Cons
This BSG10X by Powerline is one of the quality home gyms for both upper body and lower body workouts with almost 160 pounds weighted stacks. If I mention here the quality of this home gym, I must write that this powerful machine comes up with a strong and efficient frame, which assures maximum resilience, durability and effective performance of this all in one exercise machine.
This is a compact design machine with an adjustable seat that allows you to adjust it smoothly for your daily home training. The compact frame of Body-Solid BSG10X allows you to install it anywhere you want to workout. One can also find a lat bar and a low row bar in this machine. This machine comes up with a width of almost 4 feet and is 6 and a half feet tall, which allows you to place it at any room or garage, you want to.
- BSG10X has a durable press bar for chest muscle development.
- You can also find a lat bar and a low row bar for multiple movements.
- This machine provides weighted stacks of 160 pounds.
- This is a compact and space-saving multi-home gym.
- The dimensions of BSG10X by Powerline are 42″L x 80″W x 70″H.
- This machine contains a limited warranty of ten years.
Pros & Cons
If you are looking for an affordable home gym, with some extra features, then Marcy MWM 990 is a perfect all in one exercise machine for you. This machine comes up with plenty of features such as premium frame, weighted stacks and removable curl pads. MWM 990 offers multiple workout movements with heavy-duty steel design. Also weight stacks of 150 pounds are located at the back, so one can customize ‘em according to his/her need.
Moreover, this feature removes all the hurdles of loading and unloading of weight plates. This multi-gym is structured with dual-action press arms, which allows performing multiple chest, biceps & triceps workouts at an easy approach. Additionally, there’s also a removable preacher curl bicep pad, which is also adjustable and allows you to perform multiple biceps exercises. It also provides both (upper and lower) pulley systems as well as lat bar and ankle straps.
- Marcy MWM 990 provides a weight stack of 150 lbs.
- The assembled dimensions of MWM 990 are 68″l x 36″w x 79″h.
- It provides a removable preacher curl pad.
- It supports a maximum user weight of 300 lbs.
- Lat bar and ankle straps are also available.
- Press arm motions allow you to perform chess & butterfly press.
Pros & Cons
If you want to lose weight or want to get in shape at home, BodyCraft XPress Pro is one of the finest home multi-gyms. This machine comes up with a strength training option, which allows you to perform multiple workout movements, such as chest & shoulder presses as well as leg lifts and many more. Additionally, the seat and seat back are totally adjustable, so you can adjust it according to the flow of your workout.
Moreover, this quality all in one exercise machine comes up with a life-time warranty. There are also press arms and leg presses located on this home gym. The frame of this machine is quite strong and durable because of its reliable steel tubing. In short, if you have ever bought a home multi-gym before, this machine will definitely gonna compete for your experience (of that old one) with its reliable quality.
- BodyCraft XPress Pro comes up with a strength training option.
- It provides an adjustable seatback.
- This machine is backed up with a lifetime warranty.
- The frame is strong and durable.
- Lat bar, ankle strap and curl bar are located.
- The dimensions of this machine are 82.9 x 56.5 x 82 inches.
Pros & Cons
Bodycraft Galena Pro is one of the reliable and quality multi-gym for full-body workouts at home. This machine allows you to perform leg curls, chest presses & lat pulls and many more. Bodycraft Galena Pro comes up with a maximum resistance of 300 lbs, including a weighted stack of 150 lbs. It is a compact designed multi-gym and is easy to store, so one can place it anywhere, without any kind of space hurdle.
Moreover, this machine is specially designed for those who want to build their body muscles in no time. The seat and the seatback located in this machine are easily adjustable, you can adjust it in accordance with different workouts. This machine also comes up with a lower pulley system, which is easy to access and perform multiple legs and arms workouts. One can also perform front & back body workouts at the bench press station.
- Bodycraft Gales Pro has a weighted stack of 150 lbs.
- This is a compact designed multi gym.
- This machine is specially structured for the room/garage corner.
- The seat and seat back of this machine are adjustable.
- Low pulley and bench press stations are located in this gym.
- This machine comes up with a life-time warranty.
Pros & Cons
The Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S is one of the top multi-home gyms that Prime Fitness Guide personally recommends to its readers. This machine is the #2 best pick for those, who want to build muscles and get in shape by doing home workouts. This machine is available in the market with multiple features such as heavy-duty steel frame, lat bar, press arm and a leg developer option.
Moreover, this machine comes with three pulley systems; upper, mid and lower pulleys. This pulley system allows you to perform full-body workouts, such as crunches, tricep workouts & lat pulldowns, etc. This machine is also backed up by a lifetime warranty on everything. It also has a weighted stack of 210 lbs with an upgrade option. The dimensions of this multi-gym are 83″ high x 51″ wide x 83″ deep and the total weight is 446 pounds.
- EXM2500S has a heavy-duty steel frame.
- This machine comes up with a lat bar & press arm.
- Upgraded weighted stack of 210 lbs.
- This gym contains a separate pec-fly station.
- This multi-gym is backed up with a lifetime warranty.
- Upper, mid & lower Pulley system is located.
- The dimensions are 83″ high x 51″ wide x 83″ deep.
Pros & Cons
Products’ Comparison Table
|Product||Brand||Warranty||Foldable||Weight Stack||Reviews||Check Price|
|Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S||Body-Solid||Life-Time||No||210 lbs||4.6||Buy Now|
|BodyCraft Galena Pro||BodyCraft||Life-Time||No||150 lbs||4.5||Buy Now|
|BodyCraft XPress Pro||BodyCraft||Life-Time||No||200 lbs||4||Buy Now|
|Marcy MWM 990||Marcy||Not Given||No||150 lbs||4.1||Buy Now|
|Powerline By Body Solid BSG10X||Body-Solid||10 Years||No||160 lbs||4.2||Buy Now|
|Marcy MD-9010G||Marcy||2 Years||No||No||4.2||Buy Now|
|Bowflex Blaze Home Gym||Bowflex||Not Given||Yes||No||4.4||Buy Now|
|Marcy Multifunction Steel Home Gym (MWM-988)||Marcy||Not Given||No||150 lbs||4.2||Buy Now|
|Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym||Bowflex||Not Given||Yes||No||4.5||Buy Now|
|Total Gym XLS||Total Gym||Not Given||Yes||No||4.5||Buy Now|
|Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym||Bowflex||1 Year||No||No||4.5||Buy Now|
|Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym||Bowflex||1 Year||Yes||No||4.5||Buy Now|
|BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0||BodyBoss||Not Given||Yes||No||4||Buy Now|
|Weider Ultimate Body Works||Weider||90 Days||Yes||250 lbs||4.5||Buy Now|
|Bowflex Xceed||Bowflex||Not Given||Yes||210 lbs||4.5||Buy Now|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1) What Is A Multi Home Gym?
Multi home gym refers to a machine that allows its user to perform multiple full-body workouts on it. For instance, chest presses, biceps curls, triceps extensions, leg workouts, and many more. Usually, these gyms are not found commercially, because these kinds of multi gyms are specially structured for home-usage.
2) Which Multi Home Gym I Would Prefer To Buy?
Honestly, all the home gyms addressed on this page are the best ones to buy, but we have already ranked the top 15 multi gyms in a descending order, which will definitely help you in buying a new multi workout machine for your home workout. You can select any of these all in one exercise machines in different sizes and shapes.
3) Is It Beneficial To Do Workout At Home?
Definitely, it is effective. The only thing you need while doing the workout at home is inspiration and motivation. Doing a workout at home is not a hard thing to do it is more beneficial to do exercise at home instead of going to a commercial gym, because you avoid distractions while doing the workout at home instead of in gyms.
4) What Are The Benefits Of Doing Workout At Home?
There are multiple benefits of doing the workout at home such as getting rid of gym subscription fees. You can also avoid rush distractions at your home. If you’re an introvert and feel hesitant to go to the gym, then the home workout is the best option for you. Additionally, you can also save your time while performing workouts at home.
5) Are Multi Gyms Good For Building Muscles?
The answer is yes. Because multi gyms play an essential part in building full body muscles. As we discussed in this article, multi gyms support strength training and heavy weightlifting, which helps in effective muscle building. One can easily get in shape by doing regular workouts at a quality multi gym.
6) How Much Money Should I Invest On Home Gym?
Well, it depends on you, what kind of home gym you are going to buy. Because the price varies from machine to machine. One should invest money in a home gym according to his needs. But if you are looking for a multi-home gym for your full-body workout, you can find a new one in between $1000-$1500 with some extra features.
7) What Kind Of Workout Should I Perform At Home?
This totally depends on the multi gym you have. For instance, with Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S you can perform a full-body workout with multiple workout movements. In fact, most of all in one exercise machines allow you to perform full-body workouts as effectively as you should do in any commercial gym.
8) Which Gym Is Best? Home Gym Or A Commercial One?
Well, if you are an extrovert and want to show off your abs, you should definitely go to the commercial gym. Just Kidding. Definitely, in the commercial gyms, there is a lot of updated & heavy machinery available with the quality and knowledgeable trainers. But if you have a good command of workout movements, definitely, the home gym is the best option for you.
Prime Fitness Guide is always used to enlighten its readers with quality and desired information. Today, we have reviewed the top 15 multi-home gyms of 2020 with their specification, features, pros, and cons as well. We hope that we provide the desired material to you all, regarding the best all in one exercise machines for your home workout. We brought the top multi gyms to you.
Now, it’s up to you and on your needs or desire, what kind of home gym you truly need for your home workout. We have sorted the top 15 multi-gym machines to their quality and specifications. It doesn’t matter that fitness is your hobby or your passion, all you need is to buy a home gym for your workout. Subscribe to our website for the intimation about more informative content by our experts.